Canadian Women in Public Relations (CWPR) has been bringing together leading business women who strive for excellence in the field of public relations at sophisticated soirees on many occasions now. Their initiatives for empowering women in public relations and media have become important now more than ever, with the media controlling every aspect of business and personal lives thanks to our increasingly high tech world. The media has become an important business and cultural influence. The lack of female representation in the media and the corporate world is a worrying reality that CWPR is passionate about dismantling. If you are a PR Queen or have always dreamt of being part of the communications industry, we have the perfect place for you to be on September 27th, 5pm: the fancy halls of the Pan Pacific in Coal Harbour, Vancouver. Give us your details in the quick form at the end of this post, or on Twitter or Facebook and you could win a chance to learn from the best names in the PR game. We will pick a lucky winner Friday the 23rd of September and send you to the PR races!
About The Event
Enjoy vigorous conversation about the world of Public Relations with the best leaders in the business, over delicious wine and snacks. The evening will feature a panel discussion that will explore the impacts of career off-roads unique to women’s careers – raising children, caring for elderly parents, or managing other life experiences. The panelists will share personal insights from their own illustrious careers. The panel will include:
- Robin Cook Bondy, Communications Manager, Nature’s Path Foods
- Charmaine Hammond, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Resilience and Team Building Expert, Hammond International Inc
- Leeann Froese, Owner, Town Hall Brands
- Ange Frymire Fleming, President, Vocal Point Communications; Professor, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
As well as, moderation by:
- Natalie Langston, TV Host, Producer, Journalist, Emcee & Brand Ambassador; Fitness & Health Reporter, BC Living.
- Talia Beckett-Davis, President & Chairwoman, Canadian Women in Public Relations; Founder, Pink Pearl PR; Director of Communications, AdvantageBC
About Canadian Women In Public Relations
Canadian Women in Public Relations partner with businesses across Canada to promote opportunities for women to learn and to share resources in a supportive community. Their goal is to connect leaders, develop new industry initiatives and inspire new graduates through our event programs.
Win Tickets Via Your Favourite Social Media Platform!
Tweet Your Way Into Our Heart
1. Post a picture of your favourite female icon in the media RN!
2. Tag Women In PR Canada
3. Include the hashtag #empoweringwomenwithPR
Or Fill Out the Quick Form Below
Additional tickets for the event are available here.
We hope to see you there!